If you can’t be adventuring because of COVID-19, then it’s time to go on some journeys of the palate! So last night I created Frozen Pineapple Margaritas. I didn’t have Triple Sec but Simple Syrup did the trick. Here is the recipe:
- 1 cup ice
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapples
- 1 1/2 ounces tequila (White is recommended but reposado is also delicious)
- 1 ounce triple sec (or Simple Syrup)
- 1 ounce lime juice
- Garnish: Slice of lime
- In a blender chop ice and pineapples. You may need to add lime juice at this stage.
- Add other ingredients.
- Blend until smooth.
- Poor into chilled class with lime garnish.
Makes 1 margarita. Obviously multiply the recipe to make more. A blender will have enough room for three. Feel free to add extra ice depending on how thick you like your margaritas and how hot it is outside.